Citrus fruits are in season and that makes me very happy! I love that there is a little bit of sunshine in the grocery store right now. It is a great time to start tasting different kinds of citrus fruits. There are a lot of varieties to choose from, but here are a few of my personal favorites.
- Blood Oranges-sweet and juicy with a deep red color
- Pink Grapefruit-tart, tangy, and a little sweet
- Tangerines-easy to peel with a strong sweet flavor
- Cara Cara Oranges-medium in size, but mighty in flavor
- Clementines-super sweet with very few seeds
- Tangelos-mild, sweet, and juicy
- Meyer Lemons-sweeter and less acidic than traditional lemons
So many varieties of citrus are available this time of year. The next time you are at the store make sure you try a new citrus fruit. Choose citrus fruits that feel firm and heavy for their size and avoid fruit that is misshapen or obviously damaged.
Don’t let citrus season pass you by! Pick up a variety of citrus fruits today and get tasting!